Download ( 1.4M )
Get It On
4 / 5
Protect your phone against current Android security vulnerabilities!
The Description Of SRT AppScanner APK
In July 2013 and in November 2013 several severe security vulnerabilities in Android (bug 8219321, 9695860 and 9950697) have been discovered. These vulnerabilities target the app integrity and allow injecting malicious code into any Android app without changing the app's signature. This makes it possible to create malicious Android applications that can act under the name of a well-known app and thus enables malware to access your private data.
Those bugs are already reported to Google, however many Android devices are still affected by at least one of this vulnerabilities.
The SRT AppScanner allows you to check whether your device vendor has already fixed these problems. Additionally, every installed app and any app installed in the future are checked for malicious behavior. This makes your device secure until an update is supplied by your device vendor. SRT AppScanner does not require any permission.
For demo purposes we added new content to a popular app without breaking their signature. In the screenshots you can see how it is detected by the SRT AppScanner.
* Check if the vulnerabilities are fixed on your device.
* Test all your installed applications for malicious content.
* Advanced analysis shows which parts of the app have been changed.
* Directly uninstall or repair detected malware.
* Newly installed apps are automatically scanned for malicious content.
1. Why are some apps not readable?
In some Android versions, the access to paid apps is forbidden, such that the SRT AppScanner is not able to inspect those apps. These apps are categorized as warnings.
2. What should I do if SRT AppScanner finds a malicious app?
We highly recommend to uninstall this app and to install it from a trusted source. However, you can also try the repair functionality that removes the malicious content from the app.
What Is New
- optimize for newer Android versions
- new check for security vulnerability 9950697
- new check for security vulnerability 9695860, that allows app modification without breaking the signature
- optimized user-interface
- repair functionality for apps that exploit security bug 8219321